Friday, September 3, 2021

Case of the Disappearing Momos, #HumorinDesiLife

 


    

    Not exactly an example of good neighbourly relations. My Foreign Service batchmate Puneet shifted into the flat below us the day before. 

    Yesterday morning gripped by hunger pangs, I was rummaging through the fridge and saw in a green tiffin box some chicken momos. Was slightly miffed with my wife, Taruna, for not letting me know about their existence. Promptly poured them out into a plate and heated them in the micro. Being a chilli buff contemplated for a second on which chilli sauce to pour on top and settled for the red hot chilli paste which one gets in the Indian-Chinese restaurants. With characteristic flourish I polished them off. 

    Seeing my intensive surgical strike on the momos, Taruna gave me a bewildering look, almost quizzing me as to where I got them from. My return look was full of avenge-  like first you hid them from me and now you don't like that I got hold of them. Loved the delicious momos!! Luckily I didn't have to share them with her, as she is vegetarian. Somehow and I don't know why, Indian-Chinese leftovers always taste better the next day. 

    I had left the green tiffin box on the kitchen table. Soon thereafter Taruna shrieked from the kitchen. Oh my god!!, those momos were part of the food Ronnie, Puneet's wife, had kept for safekeeping in our fridge as their fridge is yet to arrive. Got a earful of invectives from Taruna, luckily I was able to stomach them thanks to the good momos inside me. 

    Sorry Puneet. Will make it up with good scotch soon. Your food may not be safe with us, but as jewellery and cash are not edible, please feel free to keep them with us, safely!

            &&&&&


6 comments:

  1. I too love eating momos. After reading the article, I can't resist myself to go outside and have chicken momos .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to eat the momos there and then and not keep in the refrigerator.

      Delete
  2. This is sooooo funny :) i actually laughed while reading, Sandeep da!! Hope their refrigerator gets delayed!! Rishi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful and fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I had a entire visual in my head sir

    ReplyDelete

Dancing Ferns of Sumatra

  “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” - Roald Dahl   From the moment we, Taruna, my wife, and I, learnt that we would...